Friday 12 May 2017

Still Stitching

I never complain about how long it takes to stitch something by hand.


It's such a peaceful occupation - especially when the weather is kind and I can sit out in the garden and listen to the birds all around me as I sew.


This felted piece will be familiar to DMTV viewers as it featured in a recent video called 'Inspired by Boro'. It's going to be a bag and the finished thing will be available to subscribers just as soon as I can get it done. Although I'm working to a deadline this is too enjoyable to be called work!


I've also been having fun with more little canvasses destined for the Portrait Shuffle in the summer. This one's an appliqué. There's still time to join in if you fancy being part of the exhibition in August and know you'll be helping to raise money for Save the Children at the same time.


We're always busy prepping ideas for DMTV.  Here I've been doing a little of my favourite strip piecing. It's amazing what you can create from next to nothing in no time at all - very satisfying to create something attractive and useful from little scraps and I can't wait to start the quilting!
Down in Cheltenham my daughter Frances has been very busy refreshing the stock in her online shop Max&Rosie. Thank you to everyone who has taken the time to visit her website and we hope you love your purchases! It's great to have a family collaboration like Fran's new venture. She designs and makes everything by hand using digitally printed fabrics produced by her sister Laura and brother in law Jamie at Fingerprint. How lucky I am to have such a talented family!

Must get back to some stitching now or that bag will never be ready in time!

Thanks for dropping by today - Love Linda x







No comments:

Post a Comment