I haven't had much free time to make progress with work this weekend but I did steal a couple of hours in my workroom today. I wanted to finish the quilt that was on the longarm so that Laura could put one of her pieces on next week. That's the trouble when you share a machine - neither of us use it for ages then, with exhibition deadlines looming, we suddenly have to form a queue!
I filled in the some of the area around the tree branches with closely spaced vermicelli.
There are more trees at the lower edge of the quilt. These were printed from a lino block I carved a while ago. I've extended the lines of printed twigs across the patchwork seam with pale coloured quilting.
The vast empty foreground needed something of interest so I quilted thorny branches and have started to paint them with copper metallic fabric paint. I'll photograph the finished quilt and let you see the whole thing on my quilts page as soon as I've added the binding.
Hope you're enjoying your weekend! Thanks for reading this - Linda